Okay so firstly and most importantly; this is a gradual process. You don’t just have to throw out all your old stuff and replace it with brand new sparkly vegan & cruelty-free stuff. That would be super expensive and wasteful! However, once you start running out of items then it is time to do the right thing and replace the old stuff with the sparkly vegan & cruelty-free stuff!! Yassssssss!
Makeup can be expensive (or not) depending on your budget and which products you choose. However… I have done the research and the “trying out” of lots of products and compiled a list of some must haves to get you started on veganising your makeup bag. Many of you may already know a lot of these products, but what you may not know is that they are all vegan. Yes, I know, I know, thank me later 😉
- Tarte Shape Tape Concealer – All hail the holy grail of concealers! This stuff is everything it is supposed to be! Full coverage yet not heavy. Long lasting yet doesn’t sit in any fine lines. It comes in a whopping 30 shades and costs £22. A little on the pricey side. But a little goes a long way so cost in relation to usage is actually pretty cheap!
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade – This stuff is a game changer if you are looking for perfectly groomed Insta-worthy brows. It is waterproof, long wearing and completely smudge resistant. You could literally have a one hour sweat sesh in the gym followed by a few laps in the pool and this stuff will not budge! It comes in 11 great shades and can I add I am a redhead and the auburn one is just the perfect shade! It costs £19, again quite pricey but just like the Tarte concealer, cost per wear is super cheap. One pot lasts a LONG time.
- Soap Brows – Also for the ultimate brows Soap Brows is a must! Used to style and hold brows in a desired shape for those on-trend big, bushy brows. Looks great on its own or team it with the amazing Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade for a more tailored finish. It is made using the finest natural, organic ingredients, costs £12 and comes with mascara spoolie for application.
- Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara – This is the mascara for you if you want luscious, dramatic & volumised lashes for those days you don’t want to put on the falsies! Choose between the original, waterproof or even the new diamond studded packaged one! Comes at £23 but a good mascara is definitely worth the money!
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow- If you want quick and easy contouring without the fuss this is your product! The shades used in the contouring part are perfection. They aren’t overpowering, just enough to add that extra dimension and the highlight isn’t “tacky” looking either, just nice and subtle yet effective. I use shade light to medium. It comes in medium to dark also if you are super tanned or for the darker skin tones. The powder formula is easy to just brush on the desired areas without removing any of your base underneath. I love this product! It costs £49 but again well worth the investment!
- Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Lip Liners – If you want two staple lip liners to get you started then I would suggest shades “Pillow Talk” and “Iconic Nude” for the perfect nude tone and all round neutral pink shade. These liners glide on like a dream and are super long lasting. If you like to over-draw your lip line slightly to achieve a fuller looking lip then these are for you as the “Lip Cheat” name suggests. They also do not budge and last all day so no top-ups needed! They come in 15 shades and cost £16.
- Elf Lip Glosses – A gloss is something I believe you don’t need to spend much money on to get quality. The Elf glosses are fab and don’t break the bank either. I particularly love their plumping glosses at just £6 which come in 4 shades and their tinted lip oil is just to die for! They leave the lips soft with a high shine yet natural looking finish. It comes in 7 shades at just £7.50 each.
- Eylure lashes – I love Eylures extensive range of lashes. There are so many to choose from to suit every different eye shape and occasion. At the moment I am loving the Fleur de Force ones in Fleur Loves. They are 3/4 ones just for that little something extra so they can be worn in the day without looking too “glam”. These ones are just £5.25.
To be continued…
I am only going to rave about products that are, in my opinion, game changing! I realise I haven’t yet listed a foundation. That’s because I haven’t found “the one” yet. I would really appreciate any recommendations?? Up to now I have tried Kat Von D, Charlotte Tilbury & Too Faced foundations.
Thanks for reading,
Peace & Love